Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wine






A friend inquired me once as to why I don't chill my red wine. Common knowledge tells me that red wine is optimal at room temperature, while white wine is best when it's chilled.
So I looked to facts from google:

A wine that is too cool or too warm will not be ideal for your drinking pleasures. Too cool will minimize the wine's flavours (think eating frozen dinners.. well, frozen). Too warm and all you'll taste is the alcohol.

Optimal serving temperatures:

Red wine: 10-18°C
White wine: 7-10°C
Rose wine: 7-13°C
Sparklers: 6-11°C



It's best to pop your red wine in the fridge for a good 15-20 minutes before serving.
As for your whites, keep it in the fridge for a good while, and take it out 30 minutes before serving.

Cheers. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. very very interesting!
    i never knew that rose wine/ sparkler needs to be stored cool.

    ReplyDelete